PHP and MySQL
About this Course
This course is designed to provide sound grounding on PHP and emphasize its importance in web application development and enable the learner to understand the process for the development of any web application.
The learning artefacts are in the form of eBooks, Slides with Audio, Exercises in between and at the end of modules and Assessments at the end of each module to support online learning. Difficulties faced by participants with regards to the subject matter will be resolved through collaboration with peers and an expert who will mentor the online learning.
For classroom sessions,
- Simple topics will start with recap of important points and discussion of concepts, followed by solving of exercises in the lab.
- Moderately difficult topics will be explained in brief with example(s) and demonstration(s). Questions will be asked and discussed and if required, demonstration with more examples will be carried out, followed by solving of exercises in the lab.
- Difficult topics will be explained in depth with example(s) and demonstration(s) for each concept. Learners will be asked to answer a set of questions and the responses will be taken up as group discussions in the class.
There are 10 modules, each comprising of an eBook and Slides with Audio, Exercises and end-of-module Assessments for online learning. Classroom delivery will consist of 15 classroom/lab sessions, each lasting for 2 hours.
Understanding of PHP working and its Installation
Understanding operators and output constructs
1) Understanding arrays and its function’s 2) Work using control statements and loops
1) Understanding function signature, syntax of defining and invoking 2) Understanding modes of calling functions like call by value, call by reference and different types of parameters
1) Understanding OOPs concept and its implementation 2) Understanding pseudo-variable, its usage and different types of variables supported by PHP
1) Understanding implementation of Polymorphism, multilevel inheritance 2)Understanding abstract class and interface and also handling exception
Understanding ways to process the accepted user input, statemanagement, error handling and uploading files in PHP
Understanding configuration of MySQL and ways to execute SQL commands in MySQL
Understanding ways to perform CRUD operation and handling set retrieved using MySQL query
Understanding advance ways to perform CRUD operations and handling MySQL related errors